ANY OLD IRON

When we bought the house, hidden away in a corner of a room covered in piles of junk lay this old wood burner.

Today I’m going to see if I can bring it back to life, using a brass wire brush, sand paper and scouring pads.

Some parts of the chrome have survived, so I’ve masked them off with tape before spraying with black heat resistant paint.

A lite spray of paint, building up the layers.

This took several hours to complete but the old wood burner looks as though it just came from the shop and will now  be a feature in one of the rooms.

We had word from John McClain today that he will be arriving on Thursday to look for a house in Bulgaria and will be staying with us, we really need to find another bed for all these guests we keep having!!

 

 

 

Advertisements

~ by travelswithmymotorbike on October 5, 2010.

5 Responses to “ANY OLD IRON”

  1. wow this looks really great, your house is going to look great when its finished, are these old heaters any good for heating nowadays??

    • These old heaters are more efficient in BTU terms than any modern fire place, standard UK fire place 80% of the heat goes straight up the chimney leaving 20% to heat the room…………These old burners keep 70 to 80% of the heat in the room, much more efficient!!

      Cheers,

      Dave….

  2. Really great job on the old heater Sir!!….Is that MAD DOG MCCLAIN who will be visiting?

    • Hi Robbo,

      Thanks, the wood burner came back really well, just need a couple more now for the other rooms…Yep MAD DOG himself.

      Cheers,

      Dave…..

  3. Great job, I like the look of your old wood burner!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: